A games design graduate from the University of East London, looking to secure a Games Design Intern position or similar, to utilise my skills and help me to further develop my knowledge in a practical environment.
My career goal is to become a Lead Game Designer and actively contribute to the overall success to any game I work on.
University of East London
(2016 – present)
Bachelor of Arts Honours Computer Games Design: Story Development – Second Class (Upper Division)
Key Skills gained:
- Ability to prototype, design and create a variety of games, from board games to computer games.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Accomplished communication skills, both written and verbal, developed through numerous essays and presentations.
- Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office, Unity and 3DS Max.
Notable Modules – Games Research Methods, Level Design and Gameplay Programming.
Programming Languages – C#
Havering Sixth Form College
(2013 – 2015)
Dagenham Park Church of England School
(2011 – 2013)
7 GCSEs, grade A-C including Maths and English.
Guru (Acting), O2, North Greenwich
(October 2019 – Present)
- Being available for customers through appointments and walk-ins with technical queries; i.e. data transfer, setting up new phones, other technical issues.
- Ensuring all staff in the store are trained on all new devices and props, making sure all O2 Campus modules are completed.
- Ensuring all training material is retained and documented.
- Recommending devices and accessories to customers and contributing to the Store’s overall target.
- Opening and closing the store and cash control as a member of the Leadership team.
- New starter inductions.
- Accountability for display planograms i.e. weekly display changes, devices launches and Inspire zone changes.
Sales Advisor, O2, North Greenwich
(October 2018 – October 2019)
- Be up to date with the latest technology news.
- Engage with customers, help them decide on their best device/s and try to upsell.
- Work towards personal and store targets.
- Support the Store Leadership team to open and close the store.
- Take part in activities set by the Gurus, within the community and in store.
Ambassador, University of East London, Beckton
(November 2017 – Present)
- Represent UEL at fairs and open days around the country.
- Lead campus tours.
- Facilitate workshops with school groups.
- Produce a variety of presentations to suit the needs of the attendees.
- Work at reception answering phone calls, organising files, creating spreadsheets with information about students.
- Work directly with students from different backgrounds, that partake in events.
- Be responsible for the different UEL social pages.
Barista Maestro, Costa Coffee, Beckton
(November 2015 – July 2018)
- Serving customers in a polite and professional manner.
- Replenishing and restocking the bar, always ensuring a high level of stock management efficiency.
- Helping train new team members in key competencies.
- Demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of key health and safety standards used within the industry.
- Open and close the store to standard.
- Directly report to Manager.
Part of the Student Union Heroes voluntary group, which involves taking part, leading and setting up events across the three campuses, helping the Student Union and the students.
Founder of a successful Anime and Manga society in the University of East London. This involved recruiting members, directly dealing with the Student Union, setting up weekly meetings and creating a variety of events as well as collaborating with other societies.
References are available on request.