A games design graduate from the University of East London, looking to secure a Games Design Intern position or similar, to utilise my skills and help me to further develop my knowledge in a practical environment.
My career goal is to become a Lead Game Designer and actively contribute to the overall success of any game I work on.
Virgin Media O2, North Greenwich, London (October 2018 – Present)
Sales Advisor (Previously: Acting Guru)
- Supporting store leadership with preparation, opening and closing of store.
- Store admin and compliance tasks to support store leadership team.
- Elevated to “Level 7” status to allow safe access and discount authorisation.
- Leading weekly display changes including inspire zones and new device launches.
- Ensuring staff are trained on new devices, propositions and mandatory compliance.
- Recommending relevant accessories and additional products to customers.
- Assisting customers with technical support such as new device set up, data transfers etc.
- Selected by Samsung as a brand ambassador to promote the brand through the store with use of a provided demo device. Duties also include training staff on a range of products and promoting the company’s device and software ecosystem and its benefits to customers.
University of East London, Beckton, London (November 2017 – June 2019)
Student and Curriculum Ambassador
- Lead tours of campus grounds on university open days and throughout the year.
- Responsible for outreach and promotion of upcoming events for prospective students.
- Support university staff during a variety of workshops with local students.
- Lead various presentations and workshops for local students.
- Represent UEL to perspective students at fairs and open days around London.
- Working at UEL reception answering queries, phone calls and general admin work.
Costa Coffee, Beckton, London (November 2015 – July 2018)
Barista Maestro (Previously: Barista)
- Support store management with preparation, opening and closing of store.
- Anticipate demand and make informed decisions when ordering replenishments.
- Provide customers with prompt service in a fast-paced and upbeat environment.
- Assist training team members up to Barista level standards.
- Ensure all perishables are in date, stored appropriately and up to health and safety standards.
University of East London (2016 – 2019)
B.A. Honours Computer Games Design: Story Development – Second Class (Upper Division)
- Design, develop & prototype a variety of games, from board games to computer games.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Advanced problem-solving.
- Written and verbal communication, developed through practical delivery.
- Proficiency in programming (C#), Unity, 3DS Max and Microsoft Office.
Notable Modules – Games Research Methods, Level Design and Gameplay Programming.
Havering Sixth Form College (2013 – 2015)
- A-Level Psychology, Business Studies, Criminology & General Studies
- AS-Level Applied ICT & Philosophy
Dagenham Park Church of England School (2011 – 2013)
- A in Science
- B in English, Mathematics, Business and Religious Studies
- C in Art and ICT
Hobbies and Interests
I enjoy going to the cinema a couple of times a week, watching a variety of genres such as Action, Thriller and Fantasy. I enjoy reading books as well as listening to audiobooks, with my favourite genres being sci-fi, fantasy, fiction and adventure. I also have a big interest in gaming and eSports, with my favourite eSports being League of Legends and Overwatch League.
Founder of the Anime and Manga society at the University of East London, bringing like-minded people twice a week to engage in a variety of activities such as gaming, watching anime, drawing and more.
Part of the Student Union Heroes voluntary group, which involves taking part, leading and setting up events across the three campuses and helping the Student Union and the students.
References are available on request.